Graphing Practice Problem #10
|Number of hookworms in the intestine
||Amount of blood lost per day in cm3
- Hookworms live in the human intestine drinking the blood it sucks from the intestine wall. It is estimated that a single hookworm can drink 1/2 cm3 of blood per day. The chart above contains data on the number of hookworms and the amount of blood lost caused by that number of worms.
- In some cases the data table is blank. Determine the number of worms or the amount of blood lost and complete the table
- Make a line graph of the data.
- What is the dependent variable?
- What is the independent variable?
- How many cm3 of blood will be lost by a person containing 88 hookworms in a week?