Graphing Practice Problem #7
|Age of the tree in years
||Average thickness of the annual rings in cm.
|Average thickness of the annual rings in cm.
- The thickness of the annual rings indicate what type of environmental situation was occurring at the time of its development. A thin ring, usually indicates a rough period of development. Lack of water, forest fires, or a major insect infestation. On the other hand, a thick ring indicates just the opposite.
- Make a line graph of the data.
- What is the dependent variable?
- What is the independent variable?
- What was the average thickness of the annual rings of 40 year old trees in Forest A?
- Based on this data, what can you conclude about Forest A and Forest B?