Goal #5 - Form a base for higher level science classes.
- Students learn that science is a never ending search for truth. Truth is based on our understanding of facts. If our understanding changes or the known facts change, then our truth will also change.
- Students learn that while there is a basic "language" of science, every scientific discipline has its own vocabulary that must be used.
- A greater understanding of scientific principles is required each year.
- Study skills must improve each year to keep up with greater expectations.
- Students gain confidence that they can solve problems on their own.
- Students stop looking for the "right answer" and learn to look for the "best answer".
Goal #6 - Become a life-long learner.
- Students learn that the world we live in is a changing one. Knowledge is expanding at an increasing rate and we can no longer be successful in life by memorizing a set of facts to be used the rest of our lives.
- Students gain confidence in their ability to research information and evaluate resources to find the most current information.
- Students understand the power of the Internet to provide access to information on any topic.