Some experiments may be done on a "lab tray", without running water and burners. Lab-tray experiments are similar to regular lab experiments, except that they are done on a "micro" scale - using very small amounts of chemicals. These experiments are done at your student table, instead of at a lab station and usually don't require PPE. Some of this equipment is disposable and some is reusable - if you are in doubt, ask! All clean-up must be done with paper towels.
Equipment available for a lab-tray experiment includes:
- plastic lab tray
- plastic micro-bottles and stand - to replace reagent bottles.
- plastic well-plates - to replace test tubes and beakers.
- single-serving plastic pop bottles - for standard solution preparation.
- wood splints - for just about anything.
- paper cups
- paper towels - for clean-up.
Lab Page | Equipment Page