Fill in the blank in each of the following statements.
- The Chordate becomes the endoskeleton in vertebrates.
- Pharyngeal pouches become the in fish.
- The skeleton is composed of the skull and vertebral column.
- The skeleton is composed of the limbs, pelvic and pectoral girdle.
- The skeleton of lampreys is composed of .
- Ninety five percent of all fish are in the Class .
- Adult amphibians have a heart with chambers.
- The fin of fish provides the forward motion.
- The is a hard protective covering for the gills.
- The largest lobes of the fish brain are the lobes.
- The brain is connected directly to major sense organs by the nerves.
- The trout is the Arizona state fish.
True-false questions, use a plus (+) for true or a zero (O) for false.
13. The fish heart consists of a atrium which is a collection chamber and a
ventricle chamber which pumps the blood.
14. Fish have eyelids.
15. Fish without a swim bladder will sink if they stop moving their fins.
16. Pectoral fins help move the body of a fish up and down.
17. Reptiles and amphibians have claws on their toes.
18. Reptiles have a three-chambered heart.
19. Amphibians have a skin protected by scales.
20. Birds are warm-blooded.
21. Structures containing pigment to produce color patterns in fish are called chloroplasts.
22. Draw and label the parts of a fish: internal & external
23. Draw and label the brain of simple vertebrates.
24. Draw and label a simple chordata body plan. (lancelate)